Springbok fans want British & Irish Lions star Maro Itoje to be banned for his ‘clearly dangerous’ pinning of Damian de Allende during the second test.
The series with South Africa will go to a decider after the Springboks won a fiery second Test 27-9 at Cape Town Stadium.
But if South Africa fans had their way, Itoje would miss that final clash following the controversial incident.
One wrote: “Itoje will be packing tonight. Tomorrow night he will be home with his family after that.”
Another added: “Not once but twice. Did it, got up and came back and do it a second time.”
A different angry fan said: “Not clever. He’ll be lucky if he isn’t cited.”
Another said: “Honestly how is the TMO not going to mention Itoje’s knee to De Allende’s throat to the on-field ref?!”
- Lions player ratings vs South Africa: Test Two
- “The complete player” – Doddie Weir picks his dream Lions pack
- Three Lions players whose stock has increased massively this tour
- New Zealand sevens star goes viral ‘best sports interview ever’
- McGeechan predicts five youngsters for 2025 Lions squad
Lions fans picks XV for series finale
- 15. Liam Williams (Wales)
- 14. Louis Rees-Zammit (Wales)
- 11. Josh Adam (Wales)
- 13. Bundee Aki (Ireland)
- 12. Robbie Henshaw (Ireland)
The post South Africa fans want ‘not clever’ Maro Itoje banned for dangerous pin appeared first on Ruck.