Reports are suggesting that Duhan van der Merwe’s 2022 Six Nations is over following his red card for Worcester Warriors against London Irish with a three week ban looming.
The winger was sent off by referee Jack Makepeace for a sideways hand-off which had the effect of planting his forearm and hand into the face of London Irish wing Kyle Rowe in the second half of Saturday’s Premiership match at the Brentford Community Stadium, which Irish won 43-12.
- Denny Solomona makes return to rugby ahead of international switch
- Surprise early favourite to sign free agent Mike Brown
- Retiring Sergio Parisse picks his toughest opponents
- George Ford suffers brutal head knock following collision
- Mako Vunipola suffers nasty little injury
The most overrated rugby players in history have been ranked by fans
- 15. Johan Goosen (South Africa) – “He was supposed to be the next big thing for Springbok rugby, and now he’s barely remembered.”
- 14. George North (Wales) – “is the most overrated player of this generation, when was the last time he had a good game that wasn’t against Italy.”
- 11. Chris Ashton (England) – ” That man lived off his ‘solo’ try against Australia and managed to get in the England team every time. He couldn’t tackle a crossword! Lacks creativity and only works running a line of a short pass from number ten. Overrated definitely!”
The post Scotland star Duhan van de Merwe ruled out after ‘ridiculous’ red card appeared first on Ruck.