Yesterday we said goodbye to Yani, with whom we all shared some incredible moments on and off screen since he joined at the beginning of last season. All of us at the club will be sad to see him go, but we know he has a huge future ahead of him as he looks to push on as a presenter. We know he won’t be leaving us entirely though so don’t be surprised if he pops up at a game or on a FIFA stream sometime soon!
What this means is that we’re now opening up an exciting opportunity for one of you to join the team, and as our fans, you’re the ones who get to hear about this first, so get in early to give yourself the best chance, as we need someone after Christmas…the season isn’t slowing down so we can’t!
Strictly speaking, the job title is Social Media Manager, but as with everything at Hashtag, you’ll be expected to muck in, as we’re a small team. Roles/responsibilities will include:
- posting on our social media channels: Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok
- community management across channels including YouTube
- creative content production: video, graphics, still images
- community outreach: collaborating with other channels
- co-ordinating website publishing with the guys at Football Fancast
- general production assistance, especially on matchdays
You don’t need to have Yani’s presenting skills but that would be an advantage!
We’re looking for some experience of working in a sports publisher/brand environment, and due to the nature of the role you’ll need to be over 18 years of age to apply. But being the right fit is far more important than years of experience; we’re looking for you to be:
- a self-starter, able to take responsibility to create quality content for our fans
- energetic and keen, eager to learn
- meticulous in terms of detail
- a football fan, ideally very familiar with what we do
- passionate about engaging fans with social content
- skilled in terms of creative production, including editing images and video (camera operating an advantage but not essential)
- aware of the players in the digital football community
- ideally (but not essentially) a driver, with your own car
The role is full-time, paid and based in Essex. You’ll need to be able to commute or relocate, and to have the right to work in the UK. The job is a 5 day week, involving most Saturdays and some Sundays/some late nights, so a willingness to be flexible is essential.
If you think you have what it takes, and can be free to start in January, send an email with your CV and a covering letter explaining what you can offer the club and your expected salary to email@example.com with the subject SOCIAL MEDIA ROLE
Please be patient when expecting a response; we’re a small team (with two home games this week!) but we promise we’ll read and consider every application which meets the criteria if received by 17 December. If you have any questions regarding the role please post them below and we’ll try to answer them…if they’re not answered above!
Best of luck!