Fox Sports claims Kiwi referee Ben O’Keeffe ‘committed the cardinal sin’ by giving a low five to a Fijian player after their second try to Waisea Nayacalevu.
“Regardless of his intentions or the motivations behind the gesture, it just shouldn’t happen,” the Fox Sports story says.
However, Wallabies supporters were not the only fans angry with O’Keeffe as Fiji fans joined them in venting their frustrations.
O’Keeffe is set to officiate France v USA on October 2 and Japan v Scotland October 13.
- RWC Team of the week
- England vs Tonga player ratings
- LIST: 8 Great Rugby World Cup WAGs
- 5 fastest players at Rugby World Cup
- RANKED: Foreign-Born Players at the RWC
- Brilliant nicknames of the England World Cup squad
The post Furious Wallabies | New Zealand referee under attack for celebrating with Fiji appeared first on Ruck.