Barcelona offer 100 million Euro & selection of two players for Neymar – Sky

According to Sky Sports, La Liga champions Barcelona have tabled a hefty cash-plus-player bid for PSG superstar Neymar.

PSG stint

The story surrounding the future of Brazilian attacker Neymar has been one of the talking points of the summer transfer window.

Neymar of course departed the Camp Nou for Ligue 1 giants PSG two summers ago, for a world-record 222 million euro fee.

To this point, however, the 27-year-old’s stint in France has proven somewhat underwhelming.

All told, Neymar has directly contributed to a frankly-staggering 80 goals across 58 appearances in PSG’s colours.

However, while the Santos youth product has absolutely dazzled when fit and firing at the Parc des Princes, a pair of long-term injury problems have seen the 27-year-old confined to the sidelines when PSG have needed him most in each of his two seasons in Paris.

PARIS, FRANCE – NOVEMBER 28: Neymar of Paris Saint-Germain reacts during the UEFA Champions League Group C match between Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool at Parc des Princes on November 28, 2018 in Paris, France. (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

In addition, rumours of dressing room unrest have been rampant, with PSG’s shock collapse at the hands of Manchester United in the Champions League’s last-16 back in March having no doubt seen Thomas Tuchel’s fractious, ego-rampant squad pushed further apart.

Barcelona return?

Such problems, meanwhile have since led to mounting speculation in the media over recent weeks, suggesting that Neymar could depart the Parc des Princes this summer.

The outfit most-persistently touted as a potential destination, meanwhile, have been the South American’s former club Barcelona.

The Blaugrana have already added Antoine Griezmann to Ernesto Valverde’s talent-filled attacking ranks this summer, but widespread reports in Spain suggest that a Neymar return could nevertheless be on the cards.

And PSG only added fuel to the fire last week, after releasing a statement, ‘deploring’ their star man for his failure to report for pre-season training:

Barca’s massive offer

As such, as per the aforementioned report from Sky Sports, Barcelona have tonight made their move to recapture Neymar.

The Catalan giants are said to have offered up 100 million euro (£90 million), plus a selection of players for the Brazilian.

Phillipe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo and Malcom are all rumoured to be up for grabs.

Sky’s report suggests that PSG have their choice of any two of the aforementioned stars:

This latest update on Barca’s pursuit of Neymar should, for obvious reasons, be taken with a pinch of salt.

The suggestion that both Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele, who the Blaugrana purchased at a combined fee with the potential to rise to around 300 million euro within the last 2 years, could both be parted with, on top of 100 million euro, seems far-fetched to say the least.

ESPN’s Barcelona correspondent, meanwhile, has already moved to pour cold water on Sky’s report:

Barcelona to charge €60 million for Everton & Arsenal-linked Malcom – Marca

Barcelona-linked Lindelof gives update on Man United future

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.